Jim from California

Feel free to introduce yourself. No obligation off course, but a nice way to get known to you a little. It's allways good to know your first name. Jeff or John sounds better than, "hey linc58prm2_1......"
JimV57
Airman basic
Music instruments you're playing: Piano

Jim from California

Post by JimV57 » Sat 19. Feb 2011, 01:44

Hey everyone,

I signed up a few days ago but didn't get the chance to say Hi.

I have a 1964 Lincoln 430 motor and c6 trans that I will be using in a 1961 F-100. I hope to do some performance work to the motor, particularly, the cam, which I am having reground, carb, and rebuilding the rest. I would like to get a noisy timing gear set and posted in the thread about interest in finding a source to make them. However, I was wondering if a timing gear set from a different ford motor would work...possibly from a 428 or somthing. I would appreciate any info.

Theo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jim from California

Post by Theo » Sat 19. Feb 2011, 01:56

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. At this time I have no further information on how to use a gear drive on a MEL. My best bet is to modify a FE gear set. That would include having the idle gear (the middle gear), replaced w. a different size gear according to the MEL dimensions. This would be probably not cheap as it would have to be a custom made single piece. And it would have to be some high grade hardened gear as well as the other two gears are.
Good luck
Best regards
Theo
Admin

430 6V
Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Re: Jim from California

Post by 430 6V » Sun 20. Feb 2011, 19:06

Howdy Jim.

Regarding timing sets, when I compared FE, 385, and even other brands, didn't find a compatable set. That's not to say there isn't one, just didn't find it at that time.

FYI, I did modify my factory type cam gear to acccept a Mopar offset dowel bushing kit to degree the cam.

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Show us Your Ride”