CHRIS CRAFT COMMANDER FORUM ® .......A photo-intensive technical reference file and ongoing newsletter regarding the original fiberglass Chris Craft Commander. Our mission at this not-for-profit non-commercial web site is to "have fun and share information" for your individual personal use. Our main reference feature is the ever expanding MASTER INDEX Files which contain exhaustive photo and technical information on the Chris Craft Commander line (like these 38' Commander brochure scans) , (an awesome collection of Chris Craft 427 tuning and specification information), and a few words about how to use the information in the forum, etc. Be sure to look at the information about the 2009 Chris Craft Commander Rendezvous, second year in a row on Lake Erie!! If you're a Commander fan, this will be an event you won't want to miss.

We extend to you a cordial "WELCOME ABOARD !"

This forum is registered as chriscraftcommander.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

This one is going to be fun ( Helm Photos of Commander Owners !! )

February 29 2008 at 3:15 PM
Paul  (no login)

We had a recent thread called “glory shots” featuring photos of Commander wakes, and it was a lot of fun.

This thread is called “helm shots”, showing people at the helm of their Commanders!

Curt Hill at the helm of KANOA, a 427-powered Sport Fisherman from Portland, Oregon.

Patti at the upper helm station of Curt Hill’s 427-powered 38’ Sports Fisherman

Oliver Oegart, at the helm of LEGENDE, somewhere in the Mediterranean.

Mercrewser, at the helm of his 19’ Commander Super Sport

More in next post......................

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul
(no login)

Helm photos Part - II

February 29 2008, 3:16 PM 

Cindy Wade, at the helm of FEELGOOD, another 38’ Sports Fisherman

Ms. Scott Cadle, at the helm of a 38’ Express

Sonia Oelgart, aboard LEGENDE

Oliver Oelgart aboard LEGENDE

Sonia and Oliver Oelgart, aboard LEGENDE, off the south of Spain in the Mediterranean.

More..................

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Helm photos Part - III

February 29 2008, 3:18 PM 

Paul LeRoux, aboard SEASPRAY, somewhere on the English Channel

Brendan ODonnell, at the helm of 427-powered 38’ Express CHANGING CHANNELS, somewhere on Lake Erie off Huron, Ohio.

Paul Pletcher, driving the Classic Boating Magazine photo boat at Mt. Dora, 2006

More.................................

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Helm photos Part - IV

February 29 2008, 3:20 PM 

Janet Pletcher aboard Tom Crawford’s 427-powered Century, Lake Dora, 2007

Paul Pletcher, aboard the Classic Boating Magazine photo boat, Lake Dora, 2007

Sonia Oelgart, at the helm of a TUCKERBOOT, somewhere off the south of Spain in the Mediterranean

Sonia Oelgart, aboard LEGENDE, somewhere on the Mediterranean.

Mark Weller, aboard FIVE OCLOCK SOMEWHERE, on Lake Erie or St. Clair.

more..........................

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Helm photos Part - V

February 29 2008, 3:22 PM 

Dave Mehl, out with a couple of women he doesn’t know

Janet Pletcher aboard 38’ Commander Express, TRADITON, somewhere on the Cumberland River, in Tennessee.

Tom Smith, of Nashville, TN, aboard his 1954 Chris Craft Capri, Old Hickory Lake, Tennessee (with Janet Pletcher)

More......................

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Helm photos Part - VI

February 29 2008, 3:24 PM 

Bob Falk aboard FALKENHAULEN, a 47’ 1500-hp Fountain Lightning, powered with three (3) 500-hp 502 Mercruisers, Old Hickory Lake, TN

Todd Falk at the helm of the 47’ Fountain Lightning FALKENHAULEN, a 1500-hp Fountain Lightning, powered with three (3) 500-hp 502 Mercruisers, Old Hickory Lake, TN

Eva Heinrich (otherwise known as Eva the Diva) aboard the 427-powered 38’ Express, GROSSE ILE, somewhere on Lake Michigan off South Haven.

Todd Heinrich with Curt Radford and another buddy, aboard GROSSE ILE, at South Haven, Michigan.

Elvis, er Herb Brock, aboard a 38 Commander, Lake Huron, at Drummond Island.

Wilson Wright aboard RED ROCKET.

More...................

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Helm photos Part - VII

February 29 2008, 3:25 PM 

James Armstrong, backing a 38’ Express into a tight slip.

Mike Schrage, aboard HOOZABUM, on the Detroit River.

Mike Flood at the helm of his 1937 Hackercraft, with Paul Pletcher riding shotgun.

Paul Pletcher and Tim Toth, aboard Tim’s 427 powered DUNROIN, Algonac, Michigan.

More.........................

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Helm photos Part - VIII

February 29 2008, 3:28 PM 

Terry Hart at the helm of his awesome 45’ Tournament Fisherman, BELLADONNA, Algonac, Michigan,

Paul Pletcher aboard the 327F-powered 1966 20’ fiberglass Sea Skiff, TRADITION-II. Yes he looks worried, as well he should......this was the first ever on the water test of this boat after total restoration.

Photo below shows the second run with new carb, running much better.

Bill Policastro aboard 23’ Commander GHOST RIDER, Lake Michigan.

Didier Bonnot, and family, aboard his 27’ Commander, near Paris, France

Dr. Robert Pletcher aboard the 31’ 327Q-powered SHADY LADY, Cumberland River, near Nashville, TN.

Paul Pletcher aboard 38’ 427-powered TRADITON, Cumberland River, Tennseess

Respond to this message   
John Kloka
(no login)

My co-pilot lacks stamina...

March 1 2008, 11:41 AM 

But makes up for it in cuteness!

Respond to this message   
Howard
(Login HowardEchols38)

She's probably tuckered out because..........

March 1 2008, 11:50 AM 

......it was probably such a challenge to teach the guy with the hat, how to drive the boat. You know, there may be a lot of words used to describe that co-pilot (guy with the hat), but "cute" isn't one that immediately comes to mind.

Sorry John, sometimes the truth hurts?

(Adorable little girl by the way, and lucky to be with a guy who loves boats as you do).

Howard
Huntsville, AL
1967 38 Express

Respond to this message   
John Kloka
(no login)

Hey, now.

March 1 2008, 12:58 PM 

I resemble that remark! I'll tell you what... if that boat had power steering, I could have taught that li'l "carpet shark" how to back her in the slip. She's a smarty-pants!

The guy with the hat, on the other hand...

Respond to this message   
Dave Mehl
(no login)

Ha !

March 1 2008, 8:37 AM 

For some reason which remains a mystery to me, I recall my name being associated with this photo in the past. My wife asked my why I was laughing out loud at the computer this morning, and I had to show her this photo. Now my browsing activities are now suspect. Fortunately, she has a good sense of humor, but it took a moment before she laughed too.

Good one Paul, thanks for making us both laugh this morning, and for initiating a discussion about a runabout project too.

Dave

Respond to this message   

(Login heidipigeon)

Paul lets me play sometimes

March 2 2008, 12:21 PM 

Photobucket

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - This one is going to be fun ( Helm Photos of Commander Owners !! )
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to index  

Contact the Chris Craft Commander Forum
chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com

©2005, ©2006, ©2007, ©2008, Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., ®, chriscraftcommander.com. Information and intellectual property on this not-for-profit non-commercial site may be copied for individual personal use, but any other reproduction or use requires written approval. Any entity who mines this site for names, material, or their other commercial/financial benefit in any way is subject to copyright and intellectual property law; the integrity of this site will be aggressively protected. The material here is for indivudual personal use and is not to be sold. Chris Craft is a registered trademark of Chris-Craft. Neither Chris-Craft nor any subsidiaries of Chris-Craft shall bear any responsibility for the chriscraftcommander.com content, comments, or advertising. Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc., is independent from Chris Craft (and the Chris Craft Commander Club) and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by those organizations in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied. Don't click on the following link unless you want spam, it's a search engine link. AddMe.com, Search Engine Submission and SEO google37b5db87ae53b031.html